Sunday, July 16, 2006

The bikes come out at night


Well I did my first post-MS Ride last night/this morning. I remember last year's L.A.T.E. Ride being a nightmare due to being packed in so tightly that I could barely move. This year I was near the front of the pack and as soon as they let us start, Liz and I took off. We wound up passing the pace car a couple times and got to a deserted rest stop for part II of Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

We wound up finishing the 25 mile ride in just under 2 hours. Not bad when you factor in the 25 minutes we spent eating Uncrustables and granola bars. The worst part was getting back at 3:30 and having to wait for the sun to rise. I'm just glad we weren't in the other group of friends that were there. They thought it would be a good idea to stop at a bar on the way. Precisely the reason we didn't ride with them.

After the ride, we headed to Jen's to drop off bikes and have a mini-mopundow breakfast. Liz was supposed to meet us there, but her body betrayed her and she fell asleep. I got home and took a nap and now I'm just staying out of the 100 degree heat we have outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home