Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy 25th!



25 years ago, the rocket lifted off and the Buggles came on the screen letting us know of the demise of the radio star. It's scary that I'm really good friends with someone that has been around less time than MTV. I remember they used to play videos and then at least had VH1 played some videos. Now with such lovely fare as Fresh Meat on the original and The Surreal Life on junior, you pretty much need digital cable for a chance to catch a video with either the deuce or VH1 Classic.

Tonight they are rebroadcasting the 1st day from 25 years ago starting at 11PM. Yes, I am recording it. I know this makes me a dork, but "I want my MTV!"

Long Live the Moon Man!


1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Dave said...

i sincerely hope you have a way to make a copy of that for me.

sincerely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home